Eye Opening

The dropping of an acorn from an Oak tree doesn't seem like much of an eye-opening event, but in my case it was all I needed for (as Oprah says) that AH-HA moment.
Words can't justify what I felt at that moment, but hopefully I can express myself enough that you can feel a small part of what I felt that morning.

When Morning Comes....
With the sun just breaking through the veil of trees surrounding Christie Lake, I sat
with my first cup of coffee watching this amazing scene. Just as I took my first sip of the glorious morning liquid, an acorn dropped a few feet to my left, startling me and making me look upwards into the tree for more falling projectiles.
Morning view 
For the few days we had been out at the lake, many a squirrel or chipmunk had been knocking these down for their later collection. This in itself was not an uncommon event.
Our cottage sat under the branches of several mighty Oak trees where these small critters were scurrying back and forth along the branches.
As I looked upwards into the trees, my wife, who had come out a few moments earlier, mentioned that an eagle or falcon had dove from the sky and snatched one of the squirrels or chipmunks up from the tree above out heads.
She pointed skywards and - in the distance - I saw 3 eagles or falcons circling high above another potential meal.
Now, I must mention during the previous day my son Tyler and I caught a couple of nice walleye which were summarily filleted for a light mid-afternoon meal. We had also witnessed some of nature's unheralded miracles: a bird sitting on a rock, suddenly dive under the calm water, and come up with a small fish for his lunch; a turtle watching us get close enough to touch and then diving into the lake; and of course numerous fish gobbling up insects from the surface of the lake.
All of this and the simple dropping of an acorn filled my overloaded senses. It brought me that earlier mentioned moment.

A Devine Touch...
Sundown
This little acorn, falling from a huge tree, can feed a small animal, enough acorns can sustain them throughout an entire season.  If these little mammals are lucky enough to survive nature's hunters, they will repeat this feat next season.
If the chipmunk or squirrel isn't one of the lucky ones, they may become a meal for the eagles or falcons that patrol high above the lake.  Just as the insect became food for the fish and the fish became food for the bird, the rodent becomes food for the eagle.
Some call this mother-nature, but nature isn't a thing, it doesn't think, it had no spirit, no intelligence, it is simply a compilation of all things.  I call this God's divine hand organizing life in this world.
How could anyone - witnessing these things and much, much more - even consider the possibility that God doesn't exist, or that no divine influence is involved in the circle of life we are involved in?
Honestly - the smartest person on this planet could not have put all these pieces in place, could not have organized the puzzle as well as it is.  Yet some people claim it all came together by accident!

Doors
God opens doors for us.  Sometimes these doors are open only a sliver so we can see what's on the other side.  A glimpse - if you will - of what He wants us to see. Sometimes these doors are open wide enough for us to step through and do His will.  When I had my morning moment I felt as if a door had been opened for me to look through and witness His glory.

Now, I'm not an overly spiritual person.  I'm not a super devout Christian, and I make a lot of mistakes in life.  I am far from perfect and even farther from being religious, but I do believe in God and have a sliver of faith.

This open door/window was meant for me to see that life is so much more than the stress-filled existence I often live in.  Sometimes I get so caught up in the world of business, paying bills, raising a family, debt and so much more, that I often forget that our purpose here on earth isn't about these things.

While I've always believed we all have a path to follow, sometimes we stray from that path - unintentionally most often - and, in my case, God brought me back to it.

These photo's and hopefully my descriptions can only describe a small bit of what I felt this morning..... a morning like no other and a feeling of inner peace so deep that it has stayed with me even after my vacation has ended.

I hope anyone reading this can have similar experiences - whatever your beliefs are!
How can anyone assume all this is an accident?

Comments